Well I'm back and in one piece... this was some trip...We left on May 23, and we ran into every storm out there....on our second day out we had just passed Oklahoma when the tornado hit on route 40...we were on route 40..we were just ahead of the storm...Thank GOD....We continued on to Springfield MO...The storms there were so bad and they kept saying to be on the look out for tornados...Ok ..so I stayed up all night and watch for them and let poor hubby sleep...THEY WERE BAD...We left and continued on to Bloomington Il. and we had not ate all day so we thought we would stop at a Crackerbarrel...BAD....Idea...that night my hubby ended up in the hospital with the worst case of Food poisoning that I have ever seen....He was out of the hospital at 1:30 the next day...what a night...I had been up all night again...what ever they gave him to help him made him talk out of his mind all night...The thing was we were only about an hour or so from Rockford and that is were we were headed..How ever I had know idea where we were and had know idea how to get us back to the hotel...my daughter in Arizona got a hold of our daughter in Rockford and she came and got us back to the hotel....You see I left the hotel room without my cell phone...so the hospital called my daughter in Arizona. We went to the hospital at 7:00 that night in a storm and I'm trying to follow the ambulance in the storm not a pretty site...I prayed all the way to the hospital because the hospital was not in the town where we were...that town was to small and the hospital was in the next town..so that is why I had know idea where I was...PANIC.....but it all turned out ok and we enjoyed ourself...BUT VERY GLAD TO BE HOME....
I hope to be doing some stampin' soon.
Pat
3 comments:
So glad you are home safe and sound.
I'm so glade your home safe and sound as well. And here I thought Our trips were trips from hell. Yours out does any of mine.
Shirley Lacroix
Karen's friend.
WOW! That sounds like you had a horrible time getting there! Hopefully you had so much fun once there that it made up for the bad traveling. So sorry...glad you made it home safely & look forward to seeing some of your beautiful stamping projects.
Post a Comment